Fri, 11 Feb|
THE NUDE: Painting Party
A social workshop that intends to bring art-lovers and creatives together in painting expression and inspiration sharing.
Time & Location
11 Feb, 19:00 – 21:30 SAST
Cape Town, Fish Hoek, Cape Town, 7975, South Africa
About the Event
The nude model painting session that I am hosting monthly is all about exposure, the gaze, collaboration and connection with other creatives. In the first session, Being Seen, set the intention with these painting parties of showing up in a group of creatives. We will continue this collective creating session on the 11th of February with the theme NUDE. In this session we will focus on the feeling of exposure in the creative process - exposure to other artists, the muse, and exposing ourselves to the world as creatives.
When we are in a creative summer, a phase of production and high energy, it is easy to fall into comparison with and judgement of other creatives. But this is to miss the point of healthy creativity. We do not stand in opposition to other’s creativity, but we need the community and support of other creatives to thrive ourselves. Our best inspiration comes from the compassionate and conscious connection with other people that are also bravely creating.
I am truly inspired by creatives coming together to share their artistic magic. This event will be an experiment in a social workshop. We will explore the vitality that being witnessed in our joy and potential can bring. I will guide you in out-of-the-box prompts to explore the sharing of creativity. We will work with a live muse to explore the mystical qualities of inspiration. If you have been searching for an opportunity to connect to other people expressing their creativity, and a space where all forms of expression is welcome - this arty party is for you!
- When: Friday, 11 January, 7-9:30 pm.
- Where: House of Bliss, Fish Hoek.
- Medium: Charcoal, ink and acrylic paint.
- Inspiration: We will work with a nude model as our muse. There will be a cash bar, groovy music, loads of breaks between drawing and painting to connect with other creatives attending.
- Price: R350, all materials included.
- Dress: Express yourself in what you wear, make sure your body is comfortable and that you can play with all the mediums without restraints.
- Bring: A journal if you like to write down inspiration as it comes. Cash/snapscan for the bar. An open mind and a curious heart.