Wed, 20 Oct|
The Blank Canvas: Painting Short Course
From how to start a painting to unleashing your artistic identity- all on one big blank canvas! BOOKINGS CLOSE 14 OCT!! 3 Live sessions + 2 guided homework sessions
Time & Location
20 Oct 2021, 18:00 – 17 Nov 2021, 20:00
Cape Town, Fish Hoek, Cape Town, 7975, South Africa
About the Event
BOOKINGS CLOSE 14 OCT!!!
Do you want to deepen your art practice?
Blow new life in your creative life?
Finally finish a painting you've started?
Or just want to get into being more creative for the first time??
COME ON A PAINTING JOURNEY WITH ME!
...this is not your "typical" art course…
HERE YOU COME TO EMPOWER YOUR INNER ARTIST
to HONOUR your inner child!
to INVEST in a more vibrant life!
All levels welcomed and encouraged
LEARN HOW TO:
- Source for painting ideas
- Invest in a visual diary practice
- Set up your own creative space
- Prime a canvas - mix your own primer
- Plan a painting and START
- Consider composition
- Use a variety of brushes
- Intuitive colour mixing
- Glazing and the magic of layering
- Unblock & unlock your creativity
- 3 live session (20 Oct, 3 & 17 Nov)
- Booklet for 2 home-practice sessions (27 Oct & 10 Nov)
- A blank canvas (50 x 40 cm)
- Paints & brushes to use in session
- Brainstorm sessions on the development of the artwork
- Technical tips
- Curation guidance for end of course exhibition
- Activite visualization guidance
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Intuitive, open-loop teaching style
- A spiritual take on the creative process
- An immersive art experience
- Relating to painting in a unique way
- Focus on technical skills development and on curiosity, play and experimentation with medium
- Only 8 students
- R1800 (payment plan available)
- 3 live sessions & homework practices
- All materials included
- Live sessions: Wednesdays 20, October, 3 & 17 Nov, 18:00-20:00
- Fish Hoek
You have no excuse to hide any longer!
SIGN UP NOW!
and come on a creative journey to unblock the fear of a blank canvas!
“With one sentence impeccably timed Nicolene pulls me out of my creative blocks and into flow. Allowing me to birth my own creativity.”
- Alex Diepering
“I am required to be creative all day - but in front of the computer... touching paint and expressing on paper has just been SO relaxing!”
- Mireille van Reenen
“I am so glad I booked a package of sessions with Nicolene, because it held me accountable to show up every week. This way I really saw the progress and couldn't hide from the ways I block my own creativity. I had to face my demons and painted through their stories.
- Stiaan le Roux
"I am sometimes spiritually connected and spiritually cynical... in Nicolene's classes I feel like this paradox is allowed. There is enough mystery and muse as well as practical tips and inspirational prompts to keep me making things"
- Stevie Biffen
"My biggest take away from tonight's session is that losing control is vital to creative expression - thank you for helping me release."
- Diane du Toit
"The unusually disruptive and intuitive practices Nicolene uses to teach painting has really allowed me to leave my expectations at the door and drop into creative flow."
- Alex Diepering