Time & Location
About the Event
Exploring Spirit Animal Guides by Creating Your Own Totem
A workshop for women to connect to their sacred creativity through the mediums of clay and drawing. In this installment of Creative Goddess we will focus on exploring and connecting to our spirit animal guide. Through meditative drawing and clay practices you will create a totem to symbolize this relationship.
Walk away with:
- A tried and tested creative process that will liberate your creative fire
- A connection to your inner artist.
- Something special that you have made in the form of clay and drawing.
- An art experience shared with a community of creatives.
Who is this workshop for:
- Anyone that wants to connect to the power of their creative fire.
- Those interested in the reflective, spiritual and healing aspects of art-making.
- Anyone curious whether or not you have any prior art experience or training (we lovingly guide you through the process).
About your guides:
Nicolene Burger is a painter, performance artist and creativity coach. She is interested in how art-making can facilitate processes of healing, connection and self-reflection. She creates and shares her own art with a deep sense of vulnerability, thereby relaying this core belief of her work: art is an immensely important and powerful bridge of communication that can offer understanding, compassion and awakening. She is passionate about helping creatives reconnect to their inner child artist and rekindle their creative fire in an emotionally and physically sustainable way. She teaches meditative art practices that can be described as therapeutic, but is not therapy.
Sonnet Flynn is an Illustrator and Ceramic Artist. She lives a simple life with her family in the beautiful Boland mountains, where she spends her days contemplating, reflecting and expressing, which often involves writing poetry, making music, creating illustrations and playing with clay.
The Sacred, The Simple, The Moon, The Great Mother, Mother Nature, deeply inspires her. She believes in the power of sisterhood and acknowledges and supports the Divine Feminine Goddess in all beings.