Wed, 30 Mar|
Creative Fire: Painting Sessions
A 2 hour intimate painting session that affords creatives the opportunity to explore their natural creative cycles and investigate where blocks and wounds could be muddying their artistic waters.
Time & Location
30 Mar 2022, 18:00 – 20:00 SAST
Cape Town, Fish Hoek, Cape Town, 7975, South Africa
About the Event
🌀Cost: R350 per person, all materials included (R6000 for year package, installment options available - 20 classes)
🌀8 spots available
🌀Location: My studio in Fish Hoek, Cape Town
🌀Medium: multi-media with focus on painting
🌀Date: 30 March 2022, 6-8 pm
Creativity has a cyclical nature - "there is a natural quickening, birth, rising to a zenith, entropy, decline and death” in the words of dr. Clarissa Pinkola Estes. In other words, the creative cycle can be split into a natural spring, summer, fall and winter. But then, when we experience a block in our creativity the natural characteristics of these seasons can become manic, unpredictable and unhealthy. This year I will create sessions that afford the opportunity for participants to explore their natural creative cycles and investigate where blocks and wounds could be muddying the waters. I will use the symbolism and lessons drawn from the legend of Demeter, Hades and Persephone like Estes does in her book, The Creative Fire, to create thought-provoking and healing art exercises.
This Creative Fire session will be the first on the creative fall. Since the last Feb session had to be cancled I will focus on some of the theme from that session as well: many creatives have waves of inspiration and production. The key is to know whether these waves/cycles/seasons are healthy or not. Often a person will be highly inspired and motivated, start a BIG project or commit a chunk of time and energy to their creativity, just to stop abruptly without finishing. Why? This is what we will explore in this session as well as the importance to celebrate the "harvest" after a summer of production.
What to expect:
- In my group and one-on-one sessions I don’t teach individuals how to draw/paint/creative something specific. Rather I guide you to find your own way of working with a subject matter- that way creating a unique artistic identity.
- I guide you to connect to your intuition and prompt you with tips, technical knowledge and methods that I have learned through the years of being a professional artist.
- We will do musing sessions to discuss your progress and share inspiration.
- Depending on how the group is feeling we can end each course with an intimate exhibition.
- I provide all materials.
- I only take 8 people per session.