Creative Fire: Painting Sessions
Time & Location
About the Event
🌀Cost: R350 per person, all materials included (R6000 for year package, installment options available - 20 classes)
🌀8 spots available
🌀Location: My studio in Fish Hoek, Cape Town
🌀Medium: multi-media with focus on painting
🌀Date: 12 January 2022, 6-8 pm
Creativity has a cyclical nature - "there is a natural quickening, birth, rising to a zenith, entropy, decline and death” in the words of dr. Clarissa Pinkola Estes. In other words, the creative cycle can be split into a natural spring, summer, fall and winter. But then, when we experience a block in our creativity the natural characteristics of these seasons can become manic, unpredictable and unhealthy. This year I will create sessions that afford the opportunity for participants to explore their natural creative cycles and investigate where blocks and wounds could be muddying the waters. I will use the symbolism and lessons drawn from the legend of Demeter, Hades and Persephone like Estes does in her book, The Creative Fire, to create thought-provoking and healing art exercises.
In Cape Town we are now in summer so we will start with the creative summer - a period of high energy, movement, production and connection. We will work with the symbolism of Demeter, the goddess of fertility and the harvest. The blocked form of a creative summer includes indecision, scatteredness, the creative Binge to name a few. These opposites will be explored in the months of January and February. Whether you attend one session or all the sessions in the year; whether you come with a deep desire to fully study and understand your creative cycle or just want to play with paint and drawing, these classes intends to meet each person where they are at and will offer a fun, fresh and fabulous approach to practicing art.
Wednesday, 12 January is the first session for the year and, without giving too much away I wil just say we are going to MOVE our bodies to some groovy tunes and paint ourselves empty.
What to expect:
- In my group and one-on-one sessions I don’t teach individuals how to draw/paint/creative something specific. Rather I guide you to find your own way of working with a subject matter- that way creating a unique artistic identity.
- I guide you to connect to your intuition and prompt you with tips, technical knowledge and methods that I have learned through the years of being a professional artist.
- We will do musing sessions to discuss your progress and share inspiration.
- Depending on how the group is feeling we can end each course with an intimate exhibition.
- I provide all materials.
- I only take 8 people per session.